Trade Finance Officer
Swedbank established a representative office in Shanghai in 2001. The office was the first Swedish and Nordic bank office in Shanghai, which was upgraded to a full branch in April 2007. Swedbank Shanghai Branch provides Nordic and Baltic corporate clients with full lending and deposit-taking services, as well as trade finance, treasury and payment services in both foreign and local currencies. Swedbank also offers RMB cross-border settlement services.
Swedbank Shanghai Branch are looking for new colleagues and talents:
Position: Trade Finance Officer
General Description of Position
The Trade Finance Officer is responsible for the branch Trade Finance function in Shanghai. This includes L/C documents checking, the process of daily import export LC and documentary collection transactions and related finance, reconciliation, and follow-up of the floating transaction, reporting to the authorities. Ensure all the workflow and process under the function are always compliant with internal policies and external authorities’ requirements, and reporting to Management of any irregularity during the process, complete the AML responsibility related to the function.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle Guarantee issuing and L/C documents checking correctly, timely and completely.
- Handle import L/C issuance, acceptance, payment and charge collection transaction and related finance.
- Handle the export/import documentary collection and charge collection transaction and related finance.
- Provide customer service related to the function, responsible for customer contact for unclear transaction instructions and make professional responses as per customer query.
- Reconcile and follow up with unsettled outstanding for the function.
- Prepare the reporting for the function, which include external reports to the authorities and internal reports to branch management and H.O. related departments.
- File all transactions and safe keep all the files.
- Report to supervisor or branch management for any irregularity in the function.
- Establish and update of control and procedures, routine, process details of the function as per local regulations (SAFE, PBOC, CBRC, etc.,) and H.O. policies.
- Perform AML responsibility related to the function.
- Other duties stipulated and assigned by the local authorities, head office and the branch.
Shanghai Branch is under development and the responsibilities and tasks can be changed due to how the business volumes, etc will develop.
- Bachelor’s degree in related disciplines.
- At least 3 years relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge in Trade Finance products.
- Comprehensive understanding to local government agency rules and regulations.
- Initiative and able to work under pressure.
- Fluent English / Mandarin both in written and oral.
- Able to work overtime.
If you are interested in this position, pls send your CV to: