This week’s edition of China News Flash took place on Wednesday the 24th of June, organized as usual by SwedCham and PSU, with nearly 40 participants joining the webinar from all over the world. Big thanks to our special Guest of the week: Francis Liekens, Vice President at Atlas Copco (China) Investment Co., Ltd.
And Thanks to our speakers Lars-Åke Severin, CEO & Founder / Chairman of PSU (China) Consulting Co., Ltd. / SwedCham China, and Hannes Hultman, Area Manager Shanghai at SwedCham China.
The Weekly China News Flash covered topics on:
- Current covid-19 situation in China
- Update on the Beijing outbreak and the scaling up of resources
- Border entry and flight comparisons between 2019 and 2020
- Travels within China, provincial update on restrictions
- Analysis of the week, with key recommendations
- Special weekly guest focusing on what has been important aspects to focus on as an investment company operating in China
Francis shared the importance of continuing to invest in R&D and innovation. Furthermore, Atlas Copco is also looking forward at digitization and being proactive and preventative in certain measures depending on the market outlook. The importance of learning from this crisis is emphasized by Francis, which can be seen through Atlas Copco focusing, among others, on:
- Improving customer support through technological advancements.
- Meeting customers virtually, which allows for more flexibility and cross-functional working relationships with employees towards customers.
- Dealing with logistical issues that may arise.
- Looking more into automation.
Download Presentation by PSU: PSU_Weekly_NewsFlash_20200624