This afternoon we had a “Special Issue” of SwedCham China News Falsh due to the current COVID-19 outbreak in Beijing with + 40 participants joining the webinar from all over the world.
Thanks to our speakers Lars-Ake Severin, CEO & Founder / Chairman of PSU (China) Consulting Co., Ltd. and Andrew Houlbrook, Director of PSU Business Intelligence and Investigations and Daniela Ling-Vannerus Cassmer, General Manager at SwedCham China.
Read the summary in below and download the presentation: PSU_Weekly_NewsFlash_20200619
- Beijing experiences a sudden outbreak of COVID-19 infections, linked to a large wholesale market. The source of the outbreak remains unknown but there currently only limited signs of the outbreak spreading
- Beijing re-elevates it pandemic alert status and re-instates a range of control measures, some of which had been eased only days before. Travel out of the Beijing is being curtailed and, at present, one area of the municipality is designated ‘high-risk’, entering a state of effective lock down
- Many provinces and regions across China have stepped-up controls and quarantine requirements for travelers from Beijing
The news flash ended with a Q&A session and the following questions were discussed:
- Possibility to enter China with valid Resident Permit;
- when will foreigners be allowed into China again；
- Any info on how many flights are actually currently flying to Europe from China each week?
- Any estimate on the time frame of the Beijing risk level remaining?
- As US Airlines will start fly to Shanghai, what is the status of European airlines?
Watch the recorded webinar: