We are bringing you exciting news today! We are looking for a passionate Member Service Manager at the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in China to start on August 1st 2020. This is a Part Time position for a min. of 6 months employment that can be longer.
On the question,” what are the most fun parts of working at the SwedCham China”, the most popular answer would be, “meeting Swedish related-company members representing various industries”. Another strong advantage for this position that is new for this year is that you can choose if you would like to work in our Beijing OR Shanghai office, or maybe even both. It is totally up to YOU!
If you are looking for a platform where you can develop your career, establish your business network, meet and work with international business professionals, have the possibility to influence the Chamber’s strategy with your own ideas and be involved a lot in the Swedish business community, this position is THE opportunity that you want to take!
Don’t hesitate submitting your cover letter and CV by Wednesday, July 29th to firstname.lastname@example.org for Shanghai or email@example.com for Beijing.
About SwedCham China:
The Swedish Chamber of Commerce in China is an independent, non-profit member organization, network, and platform for Swedish businesses and decision-makers in China. The Swedish Chamber of Commerce in China was founded in 1998 and has around 220 member active company members. The Chamber regularly arranges activities for its members such as seminars/webinars, workshops, social activities, and other network opportunities. The Chamber is a part of the Team Sweden China together with the Embassy in Beijing, the Consulate General in Shanghai, Business Sweden and Visit Sweden, and works towards building a stronger Swedish Business community in China.
– Meeting member companies on a regular basis together with General Manager or Area managers in Beijing/Shanghai
– Analyzing and improving member values following the member visits.
– Responsible for the promotion and updating of the on-line Member Directory.
– Maintain and develop the CRM system
– Continuously keeping track and following up on the membership renewal payment process.
– Preparing the membership report to GM for the weekly team meetings and the Mainboard meetings throughout the year.
– Supporting GM, Area managers with other daily tasks if needed.
– You are a natural communicator
– You are excellent in business English both written and oral. Mastering Swedish and Mandarin are highly meritorious
– You are a self-motived person and can work independently.
– You can handle multiple tasks in a small but tight team
– As a candidate you should have a legal right to intern in China. This means that you are either a Chinese citizen, or required to be a student holding an X2 visa, enrolled at a Chinese university pursuing a degree within a relevant field, e.g. Communications, Economics, International Business, Political Science, Law, etc.
The monthly allowance, annual holidays, visa and other terms will be discussed in the recruitment process.
Please submit your cover and CV by Wednesday, July 29th to firstname.lastname@example.org for Shanghai or email@example.com for Beijing.