Position: Senior Sourcing Manger/Sourcing Manager/buyer
Responsible Commodity: Battery Packs, BMS, electric motor, inverter, transmission, Axles.
Department: TSM, Scania Asia Sourcing
Traton aims to have a strong footprint in the Chinese commercial vehicle market in the coming years and is now making a significant and long-term investment in the Chinese market. The go to market strategy is a localized premium product, Scania, and a new sophisticated product based on a Scania, to address the Chinese customer need, are under development. The initiative will require substantial new development and design of the product to deliver a competitive product to the Chinese market. Over the coming years China will be a strategic core hub for Scania and Traton including Sales, R&D, Production and Purchasing.
Are you passionate about working in a cross-functional, dynamic and international environment? Would you like to join the journey to Scania success in China? If yes – I encourage you to apply for this position to get the chance to join us.
You will be working closely together with our suppliers, R&D and many other internal functions to reach common goals in product development projects. In your daily work you will:
- proactively source potential suppliers , continuously develop and improve the supplier base in Asia Pacific, and souring of new technologies and innovation from the market
- Conduct quick checks in quality, commercial, logistic and engineering capability aspects and follow-up potential supplier improvement.
- Make and implement purchasing strategies and targets from management
- Make RFQ and evaluate offers and negotiate with suppliers to meet targets, lead all rating processes and present nomination recommendation to Sourcing Board
- Work closely with internal cross-functions, and ensure that all company requirements are compliant and followed and project schedules are kept by the suppliers
- Place orders, negotiate contracts and all commercial related topics both internal and at the suppliers, and work closely with cross functional departments for activities regarding tools, production, quality, delivery schedules and logistics
- Follow TRATON group and Scania principles and guidelines
Who are you?
- At least 3-5 years of working experience in automotive industry
- Automotive or Engineering education background
- have commercial mindset and flexibility
- have experience of dealing with complex components such as battery packs, BMS, electric motors, inverters, converters, thermal management systems, electric steering, electric braking systems would be a plus
- Be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time and creative in dealing with challenges.
- Structured thinking and way of working
- Have good communication skills and are able to easily adapt to changed circumstances.
- A team player, share core value of Scania
- Be able to relocate to Scania China
- mandatory: fluent with Chinese Mandarin and English both spoken and written in business level
Who are we?
We are a team of dynamic and a team of growing with rich experiences.
We respect individuals and share knowledge with each other.
We are open and embrace changes and innovative way of working.
We are looking forward to your application that should include your CV and a personal letter. Interviews will be held continuously.
Application should be sent to Emily Zhao HR Business partner SAS, email@example.com with the title of Application Sourcing Manager/ Buyer/ Senior Sourcing Manager BEV & Axles
The email subject：SAS position application: Candidate name + interested position + interested commodity