Position: Proto Buyer
Department: TSN, Scania Asia Sourcing
Location: Nantong, Rugao
Traton aims to have a strong footprint in the Chinese commercial vehicle market in the coming years and is now making a significant and long-term investment in the Chinese market. The go to market strategy is a localized premium product, Scania, and a new sophisticated product based on a Scania, to address the Chinese customer need, are under development. The initiative will require substantial new development and design of the product to deliver a competitive product to the Chinese market. Over the coming years China will be a strategic core hub for Scania and Traton including Sales, R&D, Production and Purchasing.
Are you passionate about working in a cross-functional, dynamic and international environment? Would you like to join the journey to Scania success in China? If yes – I encourage you to apply for this position to get the chance to join us. This would be a contract of global assignment for 2 years.
The main task of the prototype buyer is to support buyers and sourcing managers to purchase and track prototype deliveries.
In this role, the candidate will be part of the strategic planning for prototypes in regards to when, where and how to place the prototype order. In this process the prototype buyer provide input on supplier base, supplier location and availability of suppliers for each specific prototype request. The prototype buyer assist the sourcing manager in the negotiation of part price, tools, delivery terms and lead times.
After the strategic planning, the prototype buyer will coordinate and communicate with the sourcing manager and R&D to assure that prototypes are delivered on time according to the timeplan. Coordination is key to align China and the HQ in Sweden.
The prototype buyer is responsible to issue the prototype order and follow up the prototype deliveries in order to assure the overall time plan for testing and supplier nomination.
Internal customers as well as suppliers are the main stakeholders in the prototype buyer working activities.
A short period of training in Sweden might be requested.
Who are you?
Experience with procurement or other applicable fields preferably in the Automotive or similar industries.
- Understanding the sourcing process for prototypes and parts (steps, responsibilities, lead times etc.) including the sourcing strategies for serial nomination..
- Negotiate and/or support in the negotiation with suppliers for prototype orders.
- Familiar with the necessary cooperation with engineering, production, quality, sales and logistic related to the purchasing issues;
- Is able to understand other processes within the company and how Scania Purchasing is connected to these. Align and cooperate with other functions outside of Scania Purchasing to achieve the best results by systematically cross function working;
- Ability to assess if users/supplier are compliant to policies, processes, requirements and ensuring effective management of scope, resources, time, cost, quality, risk and communications.
Who are we?
We are a team of four purchasers today with rich experiences. Aiming to double size of team to support localization project, We have an open and supportive working climate, where everyone contributes to the team spirit and helps each other to overcome potential obstacles in our different projects and interfaces.
We are looking forward to your application that should include your CV and a personal letter. Interviews will be held continuously. Please apply as soon as possible. Application should be sent to Emliy Zhao HR Business partner SAS, firstname.lastname@example.org