Position: Manager ( head of department) – IT, Service and MRO
Department: TSA, Scania Asia Sourcing
Traton aims to have a strong footprint in the Chinese commercial vehicle market in the coming years and is now making a significant and long-term investment in the Chinese market. The go to market strategy is a localized premium product, Scania, and a new sophisticated product based on a Scania, to address the Chinese customer need, are under development. The initiative will require substantial new development and design of the product to deliver a competitive product to the Chinese market. Over the coming years China will be a strategic core hub for Scania and Traton including Sales, R&D, Production and Purchasing.
Are you passionate about working in a cross-functional, dynamic and international environment? Would you like to join the journey to Scania success in China? If yes – I encourage you to apply for this position to get the chance to join us. This would be a contract of global assignment for 2 years.
This position will lead the local general purchasing team in Scania Production in China, for running General purchasing activities related to Scania Production China operations, the 3rd production hub for Scania globally.
Support the Head of General Purchasing and the global sourcing functions in Sweden for factory setup projects in China.
Objective is to lead local purchasing team and develop local purchaser’s competence.
Area of responsibility (will be subject for additions and changes)：
– Manage and lead local general purchasing team.
– Develop local team competence.
– Support the team setting up and execute local sourcing strategy
– Secure Purchasing process implementation
– Reduce the total cost for Scania
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Execute purchasing strategies and targets
- Make RFQ, evaluate quotation and communicate with Head Office
- Work closely with the sourcing team in Head Office and Project Team
- Conduct /Support business negotiations with suppliers in the region
- Locally support all orders placed at the suppliers in the region, including escalations
- Continuously report progress of all activities and the business situation to Head office and Project (TQDCS)
- Cultural bridging between all entities within purchasing (SAS/SEU/SLA)
- Follow VW group to achieve synergies
- Adding structure and planning to work situation, defining priorities
- Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas orally or verbally in individual or group situations.
- Able to effectively work and complete group assignments in both formal and informal settings. Works
cooperatively, with a positive attitude with others to achieve common goals, valuing others contributions；
- Fluent English in written and oral;
Who are you?
- University degree in applicable field;
- More than 10 years experiences in General purchasing, or other applicable fields. Preferably within various
sourcing areas, eg logistics, consulting services, construction, IT
- Experience achieving targets through leading, coaching and manage team
- Experience from working in a global company environment, understanding the differences in culture.
Who are we?
We are a team of four purchasers today with rich experiences. Aiming to double size of team to support localization project, We have an open and supportive working climate, where everyone contributes to the team spirit and helps each other to overcome potential obstacles in our different projects and interfaces.
We are looking forward to your application that should include your CV and a personal letter. Interviews will be held continuously. Please apply as soon as possible. Application should be sent to Emliy Zhao HR Business partner SAS, email@example.com,
The email subject：SAS position application: Candidate name + interested position