Position: Business Developer
Department: TSN, Scania Asia Sourcing
Traton aims to have a strong footprint in the Chinese commercial vehicle market in the coming years and is now making a significant and long-term investment in the Chinese market. The go to market strategy is a localized premium product, Scania, and a new sophisticated product based on a Scania, to address the Chinese customer need, are under development. The initiative will require substantial new development and design of the product to deliver a competitive product to the Chinese market. Over the coming years China will be a strategic core hub for Scania and Traton including Sales, R&D, Production and Purchasing.
Are you passionate about working in a cross-functional, dynamic and international environment? Would you like to join the journey to Scania success in China? If yes – I encourage you to apply for this position to get the chance to join us. This would be a contract of global assignment for 2 years.
General Purchasing (GP) covers all the activities connected to the souring of construction, equipment, logistics, service, IT & service, MRO & service.
The business developer for GP is a key figure to support the daily work for General Purchasing team according to Scania´s requirements and way of working. He/She is responsible for the process development of General Purchasing as well as the user spokesperson for relevant IT systems. The candidate evaluates and improve current General Purchasing processes in order to support the Scania Asia sourcing activities. He/she is also responsible for the IT systems implementation and updates, education of the processes and systems are also important in this role.
To have a deep understanding on the Scania way of working and how purchasing performs its task a short period of training and development at purchasing in Sweden might be required. The candidate will then acquire the necessary knowledge to perform his/her function and spread in the HQ more info on how SAS works.
The candidate will develop his/her knowledge on a vast amount topics, making him/her well prepared to develop in other branches of Purchasing and Scania in general
- Understand current cross-functional way of working and IT systems to come up with the improvement plan.
- Review current processes implemented at GP and adapt them to SAS in a proactive way and listening to current users feedback.
- Coordinate and lead the alignment between different production units on processes and methods relevant to purchasing, to make development for SAS.
- Take lead to make improvement activities for internal and cross-functional processes/IT systems and methods, e.g. maintain communication with users, collect feedback on regular basis and implement changes.
- Establish and maintain communication with Sweden and Brasil keeping colleagues updated on SAS, publishing relevant info on specific communication channels.
- Mapping different working processes and IT systems cross-functionally on regular basis to create an updated overview as basis for continuous improvement.
- Make market research to support development on existing IT tools/systems and deployment of new IT tools/systems, including supplier scouting.
- Represent SAS on global IT systems initiatives and discussion, provide input reflecting SAS demand to support localization for global IT systems implementation.
- Take lead in creating processes when new IT systems are introduced, collect local demand and align with relevant parties.
- Hold workshops and seminars to explain processes/IT systems and way of working.
- Train the local team on new processes/IT systems and introduce the existing ones to new employees.
- Support setup and preparation for General Purchasing decision meeting.
- Support General Purchasing daily work when needed.
- Coordinate all above activities with local Sourcing Manager and the Counterpart in Head Office.
Who are you?
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor degree or above, major in manufacturing, engineering or related field required;
Minimum 5 years working experience in relevant tasks in automotive industry
Knowledge and understanding of purchasing and supply chain management
Who are we?
We are a team of four purchasers today with rich experiences. Aiming to double size of team to support localization project, We have an open and supportive working climate, where everyone contributes to the team spirit and helps each other to overcome potential obstacles in our different projects and interfaces.
We are looking forward to your application that should include your CV and a personal letter. Interviews will be held continuously. Please apply as soon as possible. Application should be sent to Emliy Zhao HR Business partner SAS, firstname.lastname@example.org,
The email subject：SAS position application: Candidate name + interested position