Position: Business Developer
Department: TSN, Scania Asia Sourcing
Traton aims to have a strong footprint in the Chinese commercial vehicle market in the coming years and is now making a significant and long-term investment in the Chinese market. The go to market strategy is a localized premium product, Scania, and a new sophisticated product based on a Scania, to address the Chinese customer need, are under development. The initiative will require substantial new development and design of the product to deliver a competitive product to the Chinese market. Over the coming years China will be a strategic core hub for Scania and Traton including Sales, R&D, Production and Purchasing.
Are you passionate about working in a cross-functional, dynamic and international environment? Would you like to join the journey to Scania success in China? If yes – I encourage you to apply for this position to get the chance to join us. This would be a contract of global assignment for 2 years.
- The legal counsel at purchasing is responsible to support direct material and indirect material in B2B legal matters. The focus will be on Chinese local laws and regulations in local to local business and local to global business setups. This includes, but are not limited to, commodity specific contract development, general supply contract, development contracts, DPA, Service T&C, Product T&C etc.
- The legal counsel shall help to interpretate and explain the legal consequences from a juridical perspective and support purchasers to assess the risks for Scania as well as suggest mitigation measurements within contract setups. The role should support with clause drafting and suggestions and also sit in on negotiations when needed.
- Further matters in the scope of the legal counsel is the responsibility to provide insights on supplier due diligence, sustainability, export control, anti trust, GDPR/PIPL, competition laws etc. and align with the other legal representatives from other functions within Scania.
- The candidate is also requested to develop his/her own network within VW in order to develop synergies and evaluate what has been done already on group level.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Support in contract development with suppliers for indirect material procurement
- Support in negotiation of contracts with suppliers for direct and indirect material procurement
- Guide purchasing with understanding local legislation and laws and transfer them in the business set up with suppliers
- Counsel on Automotive any regulation and translate their effect into the business environment within purchasing
- Keep the purchasing organization updated with new regulations and local demands from the government, taking an active role to spread and educate the buyers on the tangible effects on the business side.
- Able to provide insights on legal matters and develop his/her own competence when needed.
- Fully understand Scania policies and evaluate impacts on daily business at purchasing
- Proactive in evaluating new regulations, participating in company legislation surveillance, evaluating the effect on the business side
- Strong focus on sustainability regulation both in China and outside with focus on human rights, environment, corruption and money laundry
Who are you?
- University degree in Law or equivalent. Focus on business law is preferred.
- More than 5 years’ work experience in a similar role
- Experience with procurement and business to business contracts.
- Strong business mindset
- Analyze the business risks and come up with pragmatic solutions
- Strategic view – Familiar with the necessary cooperation between different stakeholders, and the ability to see complex relations within the company as well as outside.
- Strong Communication Skills – Able to understand other processes within the company and how Scania Purchasing is connected to these. Align and cooperate with other functions outside of Scania Purchasing to achieve the best results by systematically cross function working;
- Fluent English in written, oral, reading and listening;
Who are we?
We are a team of four purchasers today with rich experiences. Aiming to double size of team to support localization project, We have an open and supportive working climate, where everyone contributes to the team spirit and helps each other to overcome potential obstacles in our different projects and interfaces.
We are looking forward to your application that should include your CV and a personal letter. Interviews will be held continuously. Please apply as soon as possible. Application should be sent to Emliy Zhao HR Business partner SAS, firstname.lastname@example.org,
The email subject：SAS position application: Candidate name + interested position