Position: Senior Sourcing Manager/Sourcing Manager/Buyer
Commodities: Chassis, Cab&EE, Powertrain components
Department: TSP, Scania Asia Sourcing
Location: Nantong, Rugao
Traton aims to have a strong footprint in the Chinese commercial vehicle market in the coming years and is now making a significant and long-term investment in the Chinese market. The go to market strategy is a localized premium product, Scania, and a new sophisticated product based on a Scania, to address the Chinese customer need, are under development. The initiative will require substantial new development and design of the product to deliver a competitive product to the Chinese market. Over the coming years China will be a strategic core hub for Scania and Traton including Sales, R&D, Production and Purchasing.
Are you passionate about working in a cross-functional, dynamic and international environment? Would you like to join the journey to Scania success in China? If yes – I encourage you to apply for this position to get the chance to join us. This would be a contract of global assignment for 2 years.
As a senior sourcing manager, you will be working closely together with our suppliers, R&D and many other internal functions to reach common goals in product development projects. Your purchase responsibility includes the sourcing of chassis components to the right level of technology, quality, delivery and cost, with a focus on sustainability. In your daily work you will:
- work proactively and screening suppliers in Asia to create the best possible prerequisites for sourcing
- work in close collaboration with SEU Purchasing and R&D to create and contribute to the segment and supplier strategy
- negotiate, propose and nominate business to suppliers on Scania decision forums according to sourcing plan.
- take lead in implementing the global suppliers to support localization in China
Who are you?
- At least 3-5 years of experience in purchasing dealing with complex components.
- Enjoy having multiple projects and tasks at the same time and good at keeping structure.
- Cooperate well with local / global teams, have good communication skills and are able to easily adapt to changed circumstances.
- Be able to relocate in China for 2 years.
Who are we?
We are a team of four purchasers today with rich experiences. Aiming to double size of team to support localization project, We have an open and supportive working climate, where everyone contributes to the team spirit and helps each other to overcome potential obstacles in our different projects and interfaces.
We are looking forward to your application that should include your CV and a personal letter. Interviews will be held continuously. Please apply as soon as possible. Application should be sent to HR Business partner SAS, email@example.com
The email subject：SAS position application: Candidate name + interested position + interested commodity