08:30 – 09:00 Registration
09:00 – 09:00 Lean business process introduction
09:30 – 09:45 Five Lean principles
09:45 – 10:00 Three wastes in business process
10:00 – 10:30 Practice – share wastes in your business process
10:30 – 10:45 Coffee break
10:45 – 12:00 Development of Lean business process
12:00 – 13:00 Lunch
13:00 – 14:00 Six principles of Lean service
14:00 – 14:45 Lean tools for Lean business process
14:45 – 15:00 Coffee break
15:00 – 15:30 Three barriers of Lean success
15:30 – 16:30 Lean office and service case studies
16:30 – 17:15 Practice – Develop and share Lean solutions for your business process
17:15 – 17:30 Summary
TXM is giving you the opportunity to learn how to move Lean out of simply the factory and into your office spaces. Justin will teach the necessary tools to be able to successfully complete this transition, using not only theory but also concrete examples through case studies. This training is relevant to China’s increasingly sophisticated economy, which is gradually basing itself more and more in the service industry, as well as the office spaces of industries.
What can you learn?
– Lean and Lean office introduction
– Three wastes in business process (boundaries, knowledge and timing)
– Development of Lean business process to align the five Lean principles
– Lean tools for Lean office
– Six principles of Lean service
– Three barriers of Lean success (Leadership, Culture and Knowhow)
– Lean office and service case studies in sales back office, sales, finance, engineering, IT, new product introduction, Law firm and bakery.
Who should come?
1. Anyone who works for companies that have already implemented lean in manufacturing and is interested in implementing Lean in other office processes.
2. Anyone who works in office or service that would like to adopt the Lean principles in their own business process.
Justin Tao, TXM China Consulting Director
Justin Tao is a 6 Sigma Black Belter, PMP, Master of Industrial Engineering. His journey within lean began at Toyota over 13 years ago. Since then, he has worked within various large international corporations such as Otis Elevators and Kraft Foods. He also has experience in establishing customized Lean systems for companies such as Alstom, where he helped to establish their own Lean system – HMC (Hydro Manufacturing system).
Justin has built on his practical lean experience as a consultant working with global companies including Airbus, DMG, Festo, Saint Gobain, Sandvik, Philips, Novozymes, AstraZeneca, Beckers, Kimberly-Clark, Sony and Gerflor. Besides his rich experience in Lean manufacturing, Justin also helped to implement Lean office and service in sales, engineering, order management, purchasing, supply chain, finance and IT process. Justin’s Lean successful case studies published in Lean Practices in China II and Learning to See (Chinese version 2013).