Do you have a passion for business relations and want to develop your skills? We are now looking for 2 motivated interns to join SwedCham’s Beijing and Shanghai Office respectively during Spring 2020.
The Swedish Chamber of Commerce in China is an independent, non-profit member organization, network, and platform for Swedish businesses and decision-makers in China. The Swedish Chamber of Commerce in China was founded in 1998 and has around 260 member companies. The Chamber regularly arranges activities for its members such as seminars, workshops, social activities, and other network opportunities. The Chamber is a part of the local team Sweden's effort together with the Embassy in Beijing, the Consulate General in Shanghai, Business Sweden and Visit Sweden, and works to build a stronger Swedish community in China.
The purpose is for you to get integrated into the daily work, and get an insight into how a foreign Chamber of Commerce operates. In 2020, it will be marked as the 70th year of the Sino-Sweden Diplomatic Relations. The SwedCham will also have annual big events like Annal General Meeting, Spring Dinner, Swedish Traditional Party, Christmas party. You will be involved a lot in the Swedish business community by being a part of executing small and big events, communication, designing, and multiple important tasks.
- Preparing, marketing and executing events
- Maintaining and managing SwedCham’s social media sites; LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, WeChat
- Writing articles, briefs, and press releases
- Designing SwedCham’s marketing collaterals, e.g., event posters, flyers, web banners, etc.
- Assisting office management in daily work
- Internships last for 6 months or 1 year starting January 2020. (If you are only available to a shorter internship than 6 months please specify it in your application)
- Excellent command of business English. Swedish and Mandarin are highly meritorious
- The candidate should have a legal right to intern in China. This means that you are required to be a student holding an X2 visa, enrolled at a Chinese university pursuing a degree within a relevant field, e.g. Economics, International Business, Political Science, Law, etc. And that you are able to get a permit from your university that allows you to do out of campus activities. We also accept students that are enrolled at a Swedish University and have an internship semester included in your program.
- Strong writing skills, a good understanding of social networking sites as well as a passion for the web and digital marketing is required
- Knowledge of Adobe CS4 (Premiere PRO, Illustrator CS5, Photoshop CS5) or InDesign is an asset; Good at creating video and photographing is a plus
The internship is unpaid. You are required to have valid insurance during the time of the internship. Interns are responsible for finding their own housing.
Please submit your cover letter and CV to Jaycee@Swedcham.cn for Beijing and firstname.lastname@example.org for Shanghai. Positions are filled continuously.