The Swedish Chamber of Commerce in China (SwedCham China) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization with 270 Swedish and Sweden-related member companies, officially recognized as foreign chamber by the PRC. Our mission is to advance our members’ business interests through Networking, Information and Advocacy.
To that end, our activities include events, seminars, closed-door dialogues, surveys, reports as well as top-level meetings. Furthermore, we aim to improve Sino-Swedish business ties and promote the Swedish brand through the Team Sweden collaboration with among others the Swedish Embassy and Consulate General, Business Sweden, etc.
In recent years, the Chamber has undergone a thorough modernization process to level up its offering, brand image and internal structure. The successful candidate will work hands on with the continued implementation of this process at a regional level.
To our Beijing office, we are looking for an Area Manager to take responsibility for the Chamber’s activities and operational development – in line with the Chamber’s modernization efforts and in close collaboration with the General Manager.
The position includes relationship building, regional business development, member recruitment and retention, as well as administrative and managerial duties. The ideal candidate should also display strong leadership skills in implementing organizational change, and feel comfortable shifting between strategic-level thinking and hands-on tasks.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Manage the Beijing office’s day to day operations, budget planning and financial result according to quarterly targets.
- Representing the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in meetings with members and partners.
- Regional member recruiting and account managing responsibilities.
- Coordinate high quality events (open-door seminars, closed-door dialogues, training programs, after-work events, gala evenings, etc.) together with the rest of SwedCham’s team.
- Coordinate the coverage of Swedish, Chinese and international business trends.
- Team management responsibilities for 1-2 staff, including development and performance review.
- Preparing material for Chapter board meetings approximately 6 times per year.
To be successful in the position, we believe that you:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or above within the fields of marketing, communications, or other relevant fields.
- Have experience of multi-stakeholder partnerships, ideally including public, private, and non-profit actors.
- Are Swedish and/or have strong ties to Sweden with a passion for Swedish brands and innovation.
- Have experience from managing small teams, including recruitment and employee development.
- Have experience from organizing events, from small business seminars to large social dinners.
- Feel at ease with people at all levels and from all backgrounds. You are a natural networker.
- Have experience of working in or with China. Being currently based in China is meritorious.
- Speak and write impeccable business English. Swedish and Mandarin are highly meritorious.
This is a full time position.
It is highly preferred if candidates already possess a working (Z) visa.
Possible costs for visa issuance/transfer to be supported by the Chamber.
Remuneration based on local standards and experience.
For questions regarding the position, feel free to contact Martin Vercouter, General Manager (see below).
Apply by August 15, 2019 with letter and link to LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting date on September 2.