The Swedish Chamber of Commerce in China is a non-profit, non-governmental organization with 260 Swedish and Sweden-related member companies, officially recognized as a foreign chamber of commerce by the PRC. The Chamber is headquartered in Beijing with representation in Shanghai. Our mission is to advance our members’ business interests through Networking, Information and Advocacy. To that end, our activities include events, open seminars, closed-door dialogues, surveys, reports, white papers, as well as top-level meetings. Furthermore, we aim to improve Sino-Swedish business ties and promote our members and the Swedish brand through the Team Sweden collaboration with among others the Swedish Embassy, the Shanghai Consulate and Business Sweden, etc.
We are looking for a passionate and energetic individual to further the Chamber’s strategic development and its member-centered expansion. The position involves overall responsibility before the Board of Directors for the design and implementation of the Chamber’s business strategy, as well as the organization’s performance and financial result. The ideal candidate should display strong leadership skills in organizational change, leading a distributed organization, and cross-cultural management.
- Propose the Chamber’s strategy, in close collaboration with the Board of Directors, Chapter Boards, and offices.
- Taking the leading role in shaping the Chamber’s annual business plan and budget.
- Lead the Chamber’s day to day activities and implementation of the business and activity plan.
- Responsible for budgeting and P&L.
- Overall team management responsibilities for two localized offices (Beijing and Shanghai).
- Participate in board meetings. Report to board informed about activities, development and deviations to plans and budgets.
- Represent the Chamber in meetings with members and partners, in public and media appearances and in supporting members activities.
- Monitor Swedish, Chinese and international business trends and ensure members are informed about relevant changes.
- Representing the Chamber at Team Sweden activities and maintain the Chamber’s relationship with the Team Sweden members.
To be successful in the position, we believe that you:
- Have a university education and 5 years working experience.
- Business English proficiency. You are also fluent in Swedish. Mandarin proficiency is beneficial.
- Have previous experience of working in or with China. Being currently based in China is an advantage.
- Have a track record of management experience in a service organization, preferably membership-based.
- Are able to build professional relationships with people at all seniority levels, from all backgrounds, and a across a wide range of industries, being visible, reachable, relationship-building and charismatic.
- Have experience of multi-stakeholder partnerships, ideally including public, private, and non-profit actors.
- Have experience from managing teams, including recruitment and employee development.
- Have experience from organizing events, from smaller business seminars to large social dinners.
- Have the possibility to travel within the country on a monthly basis, and internationally from time to time.
This is a full time position with local contract.
It’s a benefit if the candidate is in China already with a valid working permit.
Target starting date is June-Aug., 2019.
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis. To apply please submit a resume with estimate of salary expectations, and visa status.
For questions regarding the position or to apply please contact:
Joakim Hedhill at: email@example.com (Beijing)
Per Lindén at: firstname.lastname@example.org (Shanghai)
Questions regarding the position can also be directed to Martin Vercouter, the current holder, at email@example.com.